Friday, April 11, 2014

Lexicom IS Redux

A placeholder blog for the set of services developed under the name Lexicom IS Redux a company by Michael Droz + others. This is a company inspired and named after my most successful startup Lexicom Intelligent Systems (circa 1996) - see link below.

http://michaeldroz.blogspot.com/2013/11/lexicom-intelligent-systems-by-michael.html

In August of 2012 I quit my corporate job with Visa and struck out on my own again. With a handful of ideas in my bag and a tone of talent supporting me I restarted under the name Lexicom IS Redux. Below are the prototypes and services that I developed under that working name. Unable to attract investment I ran out of money and closed up the company in December of 2013. At least one of these still lives on under a different name and under very capable hands. I won't mention them by name because I have nothing to do with the huge success that team is now on the verge of enjoying - but I was there when the seeds were planted and for me that's inspiring!

I am also still prototyping Helpiado but mostly as an exercise in learning Ruby-on-Rails. I will add links and other interesting artifacts from this experience.

Software development outsourcing: http://www.hitechito.com/
(used them since 2003).

Services Prototypes + Developed:

  • Prototypes
    • Inspired travel apps
      • Hostel management
      • Gamification of travel (Badger) 
    • fitParade (social fashion app)
    • Helpiado (mobile philanthropy app)  
      • Helpiado Cordova Mobile App on Github (add files)
  • Developed
    • Mobile Video Platform
      • Enabled live video streaming via Wowza, AWS and BitGravity. 
        • Adaptive bitrate streaming
      • Billing platform allowing members to charge for broadcasts 
      • Single page JavaScript application 
      • Spring/Hibernate backend 




Early brainstorming with potential collaborators (2011):   



fitParade Mechanical Turk Analysis (Basic Model) - Testing to see how many users we need to start getting collaborative filtering matches. 



Helpiado logo design: 

(latin) Addo - to give, bring place, inspire, cause, ad, join






fitParade Mobile App Sketches: 




















No comments:

Post a Comment